Monday, October 15, 2007

UUGGHHH computers!

What does it mean when your 5 year old computer makes an annoying buzzing sound? It is making me nuts, so much so, that I don't want to be anywhere near it!
I have opened the case and cleaned out 5 years worth of dust! (Disgusting and thankfully everything still seems to work) But still the buzzing! Could it be the fan? I don't know, but I have to go now, I have a headache.

EDIT: I FIXED IT! It was the floppy drive (3 1/2) which I've been told are ancient and no computers have them anymore. I took it out, all is quiet. One problem, my christmas card list is on a 3 1/2 floppy, how do I get it out of there??

1 comment:

Knittin' Diva said...

My Desktop has the same issue sometimes. It's typically because it's over heated. I had a few things on top of the CPU and it was just getting too hot. I removed those items, and put a fan in the office....haven't heard the buzz again.