Thursday, June 28, 2007

April 23rd is special because.....

Here is something cool, I was tagged by MidwestKnitGirl.

The rules: Go to Wikipedia and type in your birth month and date (mine is April 23), then post 3 events, 2 births and a holiday. Then tag 5 others, I only did 2, sorry. I tag LaurieC, BetteM,. I actually thought this was an interesting one to do.

Events: 1597 - Shakespeare's The Merry Wives of Windsor is first performed, with Queen Elizabeth I of England in attendance.
1867 - William Lincoln patents the zoetrope, a machine which shows animated pictures by mounting a strip of drawings in a wheel.
1988 - Pink Floyd's album Dark Side of the Moon, after spending the record total of 741 consecutive weeks (over 14 years) on the Billboard 200, left the charts for its first time ever


Births: 1564 - William Shakespeare, English poet and playwright
1928 - Shirley Temple, American actress and politician

Holiday: National Beer Day in Germany (THE BEST!! I AM GERMAN)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved Pink Floyd - that album was one of my favorites for the longest time!