Friday, April 03, 2009

Ooooooobleck (Dr. Suess)


Home with the kids for spring break and nothing to amuse them?? Make some oobleck, courtesy of Dr. Suess. We've made this at preschool and the kids love it. Son #2 made it in science (4th grade) this past week and wanted to make some for at home.


1 1/2 c corn starch **I think we needed 2c to make it the correct consistency
1 c water
food color (optional)
Mix in pie tin **do not pour into sink when finished, it will clog the drain, throw the mixture away**

when it's pushed together, the oobleck will appear dry and solid, but when you let go, it will flow like a liquid. Lots of messy fun.

On the knitting front, I've got some new yarn (I had a gift certificate and a 20% off coupon due to it being my "birthday" month) and hope to cast on a new project. Hoping this will get me out of my "non knitting" funk. I'll post more as it progresses.

No comments: