Thursday, July 19, 2007

Sock Knitting Detour



Well, we had a detour of sorts yesterday, so knitting was not a priortiy. Son #1 fell off a friend's bike and broke his wrist/hand. This happened Tuesday night after the clinic was closed and I did not want to go to the ER. So yesterday was spent at the Dr's office, then the ER for x-rays and a splint. We have an appt. on Monday with the HAND SURGEON-type person. It seems he broke a small, but very important bone (lateral scaphoid) so we have to see what is going on. Hopefully no surgery will be involved, because you know, hockey starts in 7 weeks (tonight for son #2).

Now for sock news:
BetteM and I are doing our own KAL with the new Favorite Socks book. I am using Lorna's Laces, Color: watercolors; we are making the "Waving Laces" sock. Here is my sock as of last night, I was able to knit a few rows before bed. Then we will both head over to the Jigsaw sockalong and cast on for that!

1 comment:

lauriec said...

Poor future MSU hockey star! I hear you on the ER!

Sending no-surgery vibes!!!