Friday, August 10, 2007

SP11 Questionnarie

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? Lorna's Laces Shepard Sock, Cascade 220, Koigu
What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Angora, anything fuzzy, they make my nose itch
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? My addis are in their bags from the store, all straight needles in a case, everything in a dresser drawer in the living room
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Since June 2006 like a mad-woman :), I saw a woman knitting a scarf at the hockey rink in November of 2004, watched her for a little bit, didn't look at that difficult, so I made a bunch of scarves that winter. Put the needles away, then started up last June making purses. Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? intermediate
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? YES
5. What is your favorite scent? Christmas scents - Evergreen and Cinnamon
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? YES Favorite candy? Hershey's Kisses with Caramel, Take 5, Good & Plenty
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Scrapbook Do you spin? NO
8. What kind of music do you like? Big Tracks (XM Radio) 80's and 90's Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) yes, also have ipod nano
9. What's your favorite color(s)? GREEN, lately a lot of my sock yarn has had tints of HOT PINK Any colors you just can't stand? used to be orange, but now I think orange is ok in small batches
10. What is your family situation? Married with 2 boys, 8 and 10 Do you have any pets? NO
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Mittens all the time (I do live in Michigan), no hats, don't like static hat hair, I have a poncho that I made, but have only worn it 3 times.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? At the moment Socks, but also purses
13. What are you knitting right now? Socks; 3 different pairs
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? YES
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Circular -Addi Turbos are the way to go. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? For socks, I used to like Plymouth Bamboo, but now Knit Picks circulars
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? NO
17. How old is your oldest UFO? 2 weeks
18. What is your favorite holiday? Thanksgiving
19. Is there anything that you collect? NO, unless yarn counts
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? Sock patterns, What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? Interweave Knits
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? I conquered cables and socks on 2 circs, so maybe 2 socks on 2 circs, Magic Loop (I have the book and needle) and Toe-Up?
22. Are you a sock knitter? YES What are your foot measurements? Foot measures 10", I wear size 9 shoe
23. When is your birthday April 23
24. I AM NOT ON RAVELRY, I AM NUMBER 21,351 (maybe by Christmas?)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh we're going to be BFF I just know it! You're a hockey mom and I'm a hockey fan who just became a mom! And you look like you're oodles of fun for which to shop and spoil!!