Tuesday, December 26, 2006
Friday, December 22, 2006
Thursday, December 21, 2006
|Star Wars Horoscope for Taurus|
Star wars character you are most like: Chewbacca
Wednesday, December 20, 2006
I completed many small projects this past month Here they all are:
2 Button Hole Purses (Mason Dixon)
2 Felted Boxes (Mason Dixon)
4 1-Hank hats (Plymouth Yarns)
2 dishcloths (Winterwonderland Swap)
1 1/2 mitts
3/4 of an "It felt random" tote
Must finish these last 2 items, need to learn how to make socks and a sweater. Oh, plus 2 new purse patterns I found and some felted bowls...help me please!!!
Friday, December 15, 2006
Well, my personal knitting projects have been put on hold, I need to make 2 purses by next Thursday. My LYS had no yarn, due to a big sale, so I ordered from Yarnies...well, 'tis the holiday season and the yarn took a week to arrive, cutting it close. Son #2 was home sick yesterday, so no errands got done, but I was able to make one purse and do about half on the second. I'll do the handles this weekend (between parties) and felt them next week, with delivery on Thursday. whew...
Waiting to mail my Winterwonderland package until after the holidays, it is going to England, and my partner is going away, so she said it would be better to wait.
Monday, December 11, 2006
|What Kind of Reader Are You? |
Your Result: Literate Good Citizen
You read to inform or entertain yourself, but you're not nerdy about it. You've read most major classics (in school) and you have a favorite genre or two.
Ok, I have tried numerous times and I cannot figure out the Html code to link to the site, though I copied everything they told me to...so, if you'd like to take the quiz, here is the website:
Saturday, December 09, 2006
I received the most wonderful package yesterday!!! We came home from my husband's Christmas party; and there was a package in the front door; it was from my partner - Laurie. I received a lovely note, 2 dishcloths: the ever popular snowflake illusion in Spartan green and white, and a MasonDixon in Spartan green. (Can't see this one so well, it is sitting on my Green countertop). Also, some beautiful green stitch markers, a pound of Starbucks special Holiday blend, a sock calendar and Magic stripe yarn (now I have no excuse for not making socks) . Thank you so much Laurie!!!
Now I have to get on the ball and send my package. I've been on my partner's blog, yet I cannot find any clues as to what to send in the package. She is oversea's, so I really need to send it this week. The dishcloths are finished, its the little things that are not ready.
Wednesday, December 06, 2006
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wrap
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? I switched to white lights a few years ago on both
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No
5. When do you put your decorations up?Just after Thanksgiving
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Standing Rib Roast and Yorkshire Pudding
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Christmas Eve at our house with Oma and Opa Weishaar
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? We went to Oma and Opa's during the day on Christmas Eve, when we came home at 4:00 he'd already been to our house...nothing new on Christmas Morning
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? yes, lots of them, only Santa's and immediate family on Christmas Morning.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Lights and ornaments
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? love it, only before and on Christmas
12. Can you ice skate? Yes, but haven't for a long time...pretty silly for a Hockey Mom :)
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? All of the present I receive are special
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Spending time with family and friends!!
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? can't recall, but cookies are always good
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Spending time with my family
17.What tops your tree? Angel holding candle
18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? both
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? The Christmas Song by Andy Williams, actually I love that entire album
20. Candy Canes! yuck or yummy – yum
21. Favorite Christmas Movie? When Harry met Sally....
Happy Holidays. Have a very Merry Christmas!
Sunday, December 03, 2006
Well, it has been quite the busy week, knitting-wise.
I made 4, yes 4, cute little hats with Plymouth Handpainted yarn. The first hat took 2 hours, the next 3, only 1 hour each.
I also finished my dishcloth for the Winterwonderland swap, and started on my KAL December cloth.
Still working on the "It felt random tote", it is taking FOREVER.
That 2nd mitt is just sitting and waiting to be worked on and those darn socks...well, that could be New Year's Resolution; finally make socks :)
I sent my Whoduknit? Holiday package, but haven't heard from my partner to verify she received it. Still waiting to receive mine.
It is cold cold cold today, so glad we went and got our tree last Sunday, 67 and partly sunny. Next weekend starts the round of parties...Friday night, Saturday night and Sunday afternoon.